Saturday 14 September 2019

2019-09-13 And then there were Five!

And then there were 5....   (or 6)

Thanks Kent for doing another Blog Update!

Dog River for coffee and then Kickstand Coffee and Kitchen (beside Dirty Fingers Bike Repair) for breakfast.  It was great!

After that, we all went to Sailworks to say goodbye to the guys.  Somehow during the goodbye, a 7.0 sail fell into Blaine’s lap.  Oops!   What could he do but pull out his wallet and make the purchase?

Dale showed me where to place my back foot straps.  So we will see if that works.

The forecast was for wind late and east so Blaine and Brad pulled the pin and left.  Ross and I were at the condo and decided to head east as well.  I called Gerry to let him know and found out he was at Mary Hill already.  A quick drive out and Gerry, Al, Mike, Ross, and I ended up at Rufus.  Al rigged a 6.6 and was fully powered - so Mike and Gerry rigged 5.6’s and headed out.  Ross rigged his 7 and I foiled 5.2 and 4.8.  It was really puffy but the swell was pretty nice, so we all had a great time until 4 pm.

At 4 I looked up the river and there were about 6 kites in the water.  I was trying to figure out what was going on when the kiter beside me dropped his kite right in front of me.  I started to get a bit pissed and then fell in because the wind just stopped. After that, the crew had to work to get off the water.  On a foil board, it was easy, but Ross had a tougher time with the kite and finally, body dragged and swam back to the launch site.

Al de-rigged and headed for Abbotsford to pick up his wife.  Gerry headed back home.  Mike stayed at Rufus leaving Big Jim, Ross, and me in the Hood...  I think it is done!

Big Jim sailed for 90 minutes at the event site until the wind died there! 

Drive safe everyone!

Kent

Ross, Mike and Gerry - at Rufus

Ted's Photos

You can view all of Ted's Fall Gorge Trip photos on Ted's Flickr Site Here.

You can download any of Ted's photos HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment